Day 1 - Best Practices Workshop
Omnilife Group, Founder
Jorge Vergara understands what it takes to succeed in direct sales, both from the perspective of a distributor and a company owner. His early work with Herbalife included helping its founder Mark Hughes secure product approval in Mexico. Today, over 5 million people distribute Jorge’s Omnilife products around the world.
Here are just a few of the things we expect to learn from Mr. Vergara at the Best Practices Academy:
- How globalization will continue to affect direct selling
- What direct selling companies need to do to attract Millennials
- How to adapt to consumer changes in buying decisions
- Why the changing way we work matters to direct selling
USANA Health Sciences, Chief Information Officer
Walter came to USANA with extensive leadership experience in both the IT field and the direct selling industry. As chief information officer, Walter is responsible for creating USANA’s long-term technology strategy, including the development of enterprise solutions and innovative tools for our Associates.
We look forward to hearing from Walter at the Best Practices Academy.
Direct Selling War Games
A Change is Gonna Come: How To Navigate the Trends Affecting Direct Selling
For decades, your direct selling company has dominated the marketplace. Customers love your products. Distributors love your company. As CEO, you can’t imagine a day when both of those things aren’t true. But your management team is less confident. They see competitors just waiting to jump on any mistakes. They’re pushing you to introduce new company initiatives to stay competitive. But how do you dare make a change without hurting your company or culture?
Over 2.5 hours, we’ll dive into the best practices that will help any leader navigate this scenario and similar situations many of us are facing today.
The Trends That Will Change Direct Selling Forever
We’re all familiar with some of the trends we need to address in direct selling. This panel will tackle the trends that may not seem as obvious.
For instance, we know demographics are changing, but it about a lot more than knowing how to talk to Millennials. Then, there’s the uncertainty around what it means if people are more interested in renting for a little while instead of buying and owning.
Our industry experts will discuss these trends and many others during our final session on Tuesday.
Day 2 - Best Practices Workshop
The financial forum is designed for finance, accounting and other direct selling personnel of direct selling companies. The forum is NOT a presentation format. It is a roundtable discussion among peers regarding the most relevant finance, tax, and treasury topics in the direct selling industry. Our commitment to each other is that we will all come prepared with thoughts and questions for the group. As the event gets closer, we will reach out to those attending for suggested topics.
A few topics that have already been suggested are:
- Sales tax audits
- Cash flow modeling for inventory
- International currency and consolidations
- More to come from you the participants…
I feel honored to have had participated in such a great event as well as being part of the financial forum. Sharing experiences with other colleges in the finance field was fun and very instructive to say the least, we shared experiences that only pertain to direct selling situations and many times, even with all the years of experience working in accounting, I was not able to figure out and finding out that I was not alone made me feel better. It was an amazing feeling of support. I couldn’t wait to get back to my office in Miami and put everything I learned to work. I am looking forward to the next Best Practice Academy.
– Ximena Schuess, VP of Accounting, Monat Global Corp
Led by Squire & Hyperwallet
How Intelligent is Your Business?
AI and machine learning have reached a critical tipping point and will increasingly augment and extend virtually every technology enabled service, thing or application. Creating intelligent systems that learn, adapt and potentially act autonomously rather than simply execute predefined instructions is the primary focus for technology practitioners through at least 2020.
- Trend No. 1: AI & Advanced Machine Learning
- Trend No. 2: Intelligent Apps
- Trend No. 3: Intelligent Things
Led by Thatcher Technology & Exigo
Events over the last few years have created a lot of uncertainty and confusion about the state of law around direct selling. In this forum, Spencer Reese will cover where we’ve been, where we are, and what we need to do to plan and deal with future concerns.
Led by Reese, Poyfair & Richards
Operations & Service Forum
Smart operations decisions now can make it possible for your business to handle the changes we’re facing. In our September forum we’ll discuss:
- Global expansion is a high-growth opportunity for direct sales brands (we will share growth data by country)
- Cross-border expertise combined with innovative technology solutions is the key to delivering an exceptional consumer experience (we will discuss the dos and don’ts)
- We will discuss and detail the differences between on-the-ground international distribution and not-for-resale distribution strategies
Led by Global Access
What You Receive
- Over 1.5 days, an intense schedule with training and insight from industry leaders, including:
- Direct Selling War Games
- Finance Forum
- Legal Forum
- Operations & Service Forum
- Technology Forum
- Breakfast & lunch served
- Invitation to Networking Reception
Who Should Attend
- C-Level & VP Executives at established MLM or home party companies, service providers, and vendors
- New executives transitioning to the direct selling industry
- Startup executives wishing to know more about industry best practices